West Around The World is the place to come for my destination recommendations, travel tips, and stories from on the road! From ultimate travel guides, to the ultimate mistakes I’ve made, I have my readers covered.
I intend to make this page a one-stop-shop for all your travel needs, except for my Thrifty Travel content, so if you guys want me to talk to you about anywhere I’ve been, or anything I’ve done, ask in the comments and I’ll write you a post.
These are the countries I’ve been to:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Italy, Kenya, Madagascar, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Oman, Romania, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Tanzania, United Kingdom, United States of America, and the Vatican City.
The above list is not exhaustive just yet but some day it will be! Check out my guides, tips, and stories below!
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: 7 Noteworthy Points About my Trip Around the NC 500So, having just returned from completing the NC-500, I thought I’d give a little review of the experience. I’ll be writing a number of pieces with stories, advice, and reviews, but this is just a short overview of advice I’d give straight off the back of the trip. For those who are unaware, the NC … Continue reading The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: 7 Noteworthy Points About my Trip Around the NC 500
- Into the Scottish WildI realise I have been radio silent for the last couple of weeks and that just won’t do! Right now, I am busy finishing up my law conversion course, which is undoubtedly the bane of my life. I will, however, be free of it in around two weeks, at which point I will hopefully have … Continue reading Into the Scottish Wild
- 7 Road Trip Tips Everyone Needs to KnowI am an avid fan of road trips. I profess that I have committed to almost as many road trips in my future as I have already eaten hot dinners in my past! Moreover, I’ve already journeyed upon hundreds of road trips, both short and long, over the five years since I first learnt to … Continue reading 7 Road Trip Tips Everyone Needs to Know
- 5 City Breaks That are Just a Train Ride Away from LondonSometimes you just need a break from the big smoke. Or perhaps you’ve come to London and are thinking… Where can I get to, in double quick time, to make the most of my stay in the British Isles? Here are five ideas to help you do just that! Brighton The Travel Just an hour … Continue reading 5 City Breaks That are Just a Train Ride Away from London
- My Top 11 Tips For Staying Safe Abroad!Unfortunately, travel does carry some risk. I wish we lived in a world where we didn’t have to worry about anything when we went abroad, but that just isn’t possible. Crime, infectious disease, and natural disasters are just some of the factors we risk when we travel. Fortunately though, there are plenty of ways to … Continue reading My Top 11 Tips For Staying Safe Abroad!
- 8 Reasons you should still buy a travel guide!Does anybody buy travel guides anymore? I go into Waterstones, or surf Amazon, and see thousands of options, but none of my friends seem to want to buy them. I, on the other hand, own a stack of them! Perhaps I’m a tad old fashioned, but I can’t understand why nobody else is buying travel … Continue reading 8 Reasons you should still buy a travel guide!
- 7 Reasons You’ll Love Munich!I’m going to enjoy writing about Munich because its another place I know well and, thus, the recommendations in this article have been tested first hand! I’ve been twice now, and have a number of friends in the region, but I am undoubtedly destined to travel there again, so I doubt this list is finished. … Continue reading 7 Reasons You’ll Love Munich!
- Madagascar? Where even is that? 5 Reasons to go to a country nobody else does!When I told my friends I was going to Madagascar for two months, most of them did a double take. “Not South-East Asia or South America?” They asked inquisitively. “Why would you even want to go there?” It’s a fair question. Everybody I know who did a gap year, pre or post uni, did the … Continue reading Madagascar? Where even is that? 5 Reasons to go to a country nobody else does!
- Why Not Go To Serbia? A Short Story And 4 Reasons You Should!This post starts out with a story from my time in Serbia; however, if you want to shoot on down the page and just read about my top four reasons to visit the country, feel free! Anyway, here comes the tale: John Burns, with whom I find fleeting commonality because of his tee-total nature and … Continue reading Why Not Go To Serbia? A Short Story And 4 Reasons You Should!
- 6 Reasons To Visit Brighton- England’s City Of Soul!I feel more comfortable in a place like Brighton… There are so many arty, creative people, and things are less rushed, less stressed! Gabrielle aplin I love a quote, as you guys are probably coming to realise! I also love Brighton. I grew up in and around it. The vibrant city with buskers on every … Continue reading 6 Reasons To Visit Brighton- England’s City Of Soul!
- 6 Reasons to Add Oman to Your Bucket List!“If the only thing you knew about Oman was its location, you might never go at all.” Hanya Yanagihara … but that would certainly be to your detriment, I guarantee it! Oman, the country piggy backing the Northern and Eastern sides of Saudi-Arabia on your world map, needs to make your bucket list. Still fairly … Continue reading 6 Reasons to Add Oman to Your Bucket List!
- My Top 5 Things to do in Brussels!One of my best friends, Paul, is a Belgian and avidly claims to know the best spots in Brussels for just about anything. Every time I visit the Belgian capital we spend our first evening doing the same five things in this order and I’ve never failed to enjoy every one of them. Have a … Continue reading My Top 5 Things to do in Brussels!
- How To Travel Iceland Cheap (From A Guy Who Couldn’t Afford To Go But Did Anyway).I love Iceland. It’s one of those places you could visit one hundred times and still be awestruck. It’s a country full of truly wonderful and personable people with a laidback culture to boot. Moreover, the land itself is marked by roaring waterfalls, expansive ice blue glaciers, black sand beaches, and jagged volcanos. On the … Continue reading How To Travel Iceland Cheap (From A Guy Who Couldn’t Afford To Go But Did Anyway).
- Why You Should Visit Florence!This thread of posts is on my bucket list, both the parts of it I have done and those I am yet to do. It has been written to provide consistent content for your perusal (particularly with lockdown at the moment). I hope West’s Bucket Lists will provide some inspiration, perhaps for your future travels, … Continue reading Why You Should Visit Florence!
- Mayonnaise, Carcassonne, and Road-trip Rows!We packed up our tent at sunrise, threw everything into the back of the car, and headed south towards the fortified city of Carcassonne. On the way, we stopped at Auchan, a French supermarket, to pick up sandwich ingredients for the next couple of days. Crusty French bread, crisps, rillettes, lettuce, ham, a fair few … Continue reading Mayonnaise, Carcassonne, and Road-trip Rows!